Monday, January 7, 2013

Kamisama Hajimemashita Volume 13 Drama CD Translations 3rd Episode

 Hi guys, I am back with the 3rd episode of the Drama CD! Since I forgot to post this up yesterday, I will make it up by posting the 4th episode tomorrow. Unfortunately, the 3rd episode contains a lot of specific words which were used in describing the food served at hot springs. I can't figure out, for the life of me, almost everything the innkeeper said about the dishes.

For that, I would like to apologize for my incompetence and lack of a wider Japanese lexicon. However, I managed to summarize the more important and meaningful interactions so it will have to make do for now. I will continue working on them and ask for assistance in order to fully translate them. Look forward to the next episode because it is extremely funny! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this episode of hot springs series of Kamisama Hajimemashita. Let's go~

Disclaimer: This is my first attempt in translations so they are not 100% accurate, but I try my best to stay as close to the original meaning and nuances.

3rd Episode:  とろけるv幸せ料理 (Melting v Food of Happiness)

In the 3rd episode, the innkeeper brings Nanami and Ami's meal to their room and slowly explained each dish in careful (painful) detail, ranging from the appetizer, main course and then the desserts. While the innkeeper explains each dish, Nanami and Ami savor them and express amazement at everything. When the innkeeper brought out the desserts, Nanami and Ami enthusiastically exclaimed there is a separate stomach for desserts.

Mizuki: By the way, is it alright for an artiste to eat that much? Wouldn't your fans be disappointed if you became fat?
Tomoe: (Chastises Mizuki about his use of chopsticks)
Mizuki: (Retorts)
Tomoe: (Retorts back)
Kurama: Shut up!
Mizuki: Yeah, yeah. Don't talk while you're eating.
Kurama: Complaining and complaining, are you guys unkind mother-in-laws or something?!
Mizuki: Eh? Isn't this a violation of rights, Tomoe-kun?
Tomoe: If you have time to distract others, eat quickly. That is basic respect towards the one who cooked this.
Kurama: You two are the ones who are distracting me!
Innkeeper: Sir, is there a problem?
Kurama: Ah.. No, it's just between us.
Innkeeper: Ah..
Kurama: Look! We're arousing suspicion!
Mizuki: Huh? It has nothing to do with us. They can't see us anyway. Isn't it, Tomoe-kun?
Tomoe: You're the only one being all suspicious, whatever.
Kurama: You guys really do as you please! That's enough, I'll quickly eat and quickly get into the hot springs.
-Kurama wharfs down his food-

Ami: Nanami-chan, thank you. I won't ever forget that you invited me to a place like this.
Nanami: I am happy that you came too. That was a delicious, wasn't it? So satisfying!
Ami: Oh no, what should I do?
Nanami: What's wrong?
Ami: The food just now was so delicious that I can't help looking forward to the breakfast tomorrow morning, even though I am so full right now.
Nanami: -Laughs- It will surely be delicious, isn't it?
Ami: Yeah!
Nanami: It's about time we soak in the hot springs.
Ami: Let's go!

=====

Now that I am done with this episode, I can go and fangirl over this!


Limited Edition Blu-ray of the 1st episode! It comes with character CVs, making of Kamisama Hajimemashita behind the scenes, director's commentary, signed illustration card from Suzuki Julietta herself and most importantly, priority tickets for their special event!! All of it at only 3000Yen on Amazon Japan! Now, if you will excuse me..

No comments:

Post a Comment