Saturday, January 5, 2013

Kamisama Hajimemashita Volume 13 Drama CD Translations 2nd Episode

 Apologies for the delay! I expected to get this done by yesterday but got stuck on a few difficult words and complex phrases. Starting from this episode, it will take me about 2-3 days to translate the rest since school is starting again. I won't have the whole day but I will do my best to get this done in my free time. I understand how hard it is to be patient and wait.  Before I forget, there are 2 words and phrases at the beginning which I was not able to distinguish and translate so I would like to apologize for that. Fortunately, they are not of great importance so I will continue working on them. Corrections and pointers are always welcomed for those who know better! I will make edits and credit accordingly. Enough with my ramblings, let's pick up where they left us - at the hot springs!

Disclaimer: This is my first attempt in translations so they are not 100% accurate, but I try my best to stay as close to the original meaning and nuances.

2nd Episode:  旅館でばったり!? (Suddenly, at the Hot Springs?!)

Innkeeper: Welcome to our humble premise!
Nanami: G-Good afternoon, we will be staying here tonight.
Ami: This is great! It has its own character, a very nice inn!
Nanami: It is.
Innkeeper: Let me guide you to your room right away. The room is this way.

Nanami: A corner room! There are also windows facing the lake!
Ami: It's so wide! (Something about Hachijou Island..?)
Nanami: (?)
Ami: Come here, Nanami-chan! There is a river nearby, just outside our window.
Nanami: Sweets, sweets~ The sweets in our room~ The hot springs buns are delicious~
Ami: Thank you, Nanami-chan, for bringing me to such a nice place like this.
Nanami: I am also glad that you came, Ami-chan. Oh yeah, would you like to go and have a look around? There is still a bit of time left. The hot springs bath should be after our meal later.
Ami: If it's after our meal, we can take our time enjoying the bath. Let's go, let's go!

Nanami: Wow, even the locker room is lined with bamboo mats. It's comfortable~
Ami: Since we can't walk noisily, we'll end up walking naturally and gracefully.
Nanami: True. Look over there, there is a..
-Nanami bumps into someone-
Nanami: E-Excuse me.. Kurama!
Ami: Kurama-kun!
Kurama: What are you doing in a place like this?
Nanami: What are we doing? The usual, isn't it? We came to relax in the hot springs, in a carefree and tasteful manner.
Kurama: Carefree? Let's see.. -Rambling to himself-
Nanami: Eh? Kurama?
Kurama: A relief from the ordinary.. -Goes on rambling- I can't go on like this!
Nanami: What's wrong?
Kurama: I felt some inspiration for my new album but the right words to express them just don't come to me at ALL. Really, they should have become nothing except for heart-throbbing, heart-binding, compelling, menacing lyrics. Why?! Why did they have to become all carefree and light-hearted?!
Nanami: Eh?! That is bad! For Kurama to become a carefree and light-hearted artiste. Let's hurry and go into the inn.
Ami: Yes!
Kurama: Hey, didn't you hear what I've just said? Places like this are difficult for me. If I enter, my skin will sparkle and I will gain more fans. Additionally, the vegetables, mushrooms, fresh fish, heavenly food and most importantly, the irresistible home-brewed wine  will corrupt me even more. Do you understand what i am trying to say now?
Nanami: I do. Hot springs are enjoyable, aren't they?
Kurama: Huh? That's not it! I would become all relaxed and drowsy!
Nanami: Even your heart gets all relaxed and relieved, right? Isn't that a good thing?
Kurama: W-What did you sa-..
Nanami: The mind and feelings won't help with your concentration if you don't loosen up even once. It's a good chance, isn' it? Kurama, you should be enjoying in a carefree manner too.
Ami: Carefreely!
Kurama: Enjoyment. Pleasure. Slow Evenings. This might work.
Nanami: Eh?
Kurama: I found my inspiration. You have my gratitude, Nanami!
-Kurama hurries away-
Nanami: Ah..
Ami: Somehow, Kurama-kun is acting differently compared to when he is on television or at school..
Nanami: Ehe.. Oh, look. Isn't he the "Sea of Grief" kind of guy? (I think it's referencing one of Kurama's song or image as an artiste)
Ami: Ah.. I see. Writing lyrics must be hard on him.
Nanami: That's right.

Kurama: Slovenly figure. Rustling dreamer's breath. Dreams from an afternoon nap. (I must not be the only one to find his lyrics so freaking amusing.) Alright, I should write it down quickly before I forget.
-Sliding door opens-
Mizuki: Welcome back, we will be putting up with you.
Tomoe: There's not enough hot water for tea, hurry and get some here.
Kurama: What the hell are you guys doing?!
Mizuki: Shh.. It will disturb the other customers so keep your voice down.
Kurama: You guys are troubling me!
Tomoe: Hey, hot water.
Kurama: What do you mean by "Hey, hot water"?! What are you guys doing here? What did you come for?
Tomoe:  We came for the hot springs. Right now, we're relaxing.
Kurama: That's not it! Why, in my room?!... Don't tell me both of you came here to hide from Nanami.
-Tomoe and Mizuki chokes-
Kurama: More so, wouldn't it be troublesome if both of  you are found out..?
Mizuki: There is no way that could happen. Isn't it, Tomoe-kun?
Kurama: Ho~ -snickers- So that's how it is. Hmm~ I see.
Tomoe: What  do you mean by "I see". Even if Nanami found out, it doesn't matter to us.
Mizuki: Yeah, that's right!
Kurama: It's already suspicious when you talk like that. I am sure she said something like "Don't come!"? However, you went against her wishes and came here. So? I am right, aren't I?
Tomoe: As for you, don't you have enough trouble on your own plate?
Mizuki: On these pure white lyrics sheet.. there seems to be something interesting written on them.
Kurama: Don't look as you please!
Mizuki: Let's see. Food. Delicious. Joy. Sleepy. Is it alright for a jet-black fallen angel like you to be so listless?
Kurama: Don't read what others have thrown away!
Mizuki: Oh, it's fine~ I am feeling a bit sleep-deprived so I will be seeping for a while.
-Mizuki yawns and stretches-
Mizuki: Good luck with work.
Tomoe: Well, this is going to be troublesome for now. Any objection is useless.
Kurama: Are you freeloading?!
Mizuki: Mnnngh.. As I thought, hot springs are great.
Kurama: The phrase I finally came up with is slowly slipping out of my mind..!

No comments:

Post a Comment