Friday, January 11, 2013

Kamisama Hajimemashita Volume 13 Drama CD Translations 5th Episode

Good evening! We're near to the end of their hot springs trip but I am sure everyone is looking forward to the ending~ Fret not, for I have good news to announce in the next update, along with the finale. Just enjoy the 5th episode of Kamisama Hajimemashita's Drama CD for now!

Disclaimer: This is my first attempt in translations so they are not 100% accurate, but I try my best to stay as close to the original meaning and nuances.

5th Episode:  夜の温泉街で (Night at the Hot Spring Town)

Yukata = light cotton kimono worn in the summer or as bathrobes
Geta = Japanese wooden clogs

Nanami: If we come to the hot springs, it's got to be this, isn't it! Donning on a set of yukata and geta, walking and looking around.
Ami: Shrine waterfalls and smartball (pinball) too, right?
Nanami: I wonder why they call it smartball. (My sentiments, exactly.. hahahah)
Ami: Yeah.
Ami: Nanami-chan, aren't there a lot of couples here?
Nanami: Now that you mentioned it..
Ami: Going to the onsen together with your partner.. I am jealous.
Nanami: Yeah.
Ami: Someday, I hope I can come with some guy I like.
Nanami: Some guy.. I am sure you can! No, I am sure you will!
Ami: Yeah! I will! Ah, there are hot spring buns. Do you want one?
Nanami: Yeah, I got hungry after soaking in the hot springs.
Ami: Excuse me~
Shopkeeper: Yes. They're freshly baked so they're hot. Be careful.
Nanami: Uwah, it's really hot.
-Both nomz-
Nanami:  Delicious! The filing is overflowing.
Ami: Brown cane sugar filling~
Random Stranger #1: Uwah.. The hot springs bun looks delicious.
Random Stranger #2: Did both of you come together?
RS #1: There are only both of us too, don't you think it's just right?
RS #2: Let's look around together.
Ami: Nanami-chan..
Nanami: ..It's fine.
RS #1: It's fine.. meaning you'll come?
RS #2: Isn't it?!
-RS #1 laughs-
RS #2: Yeah!
Nanami: We refuse!
RS#2: Eh.. why? You're not doing anything anyway.
RS #1: Don't make a scary face like that.
Nanami: Excuse us. Let's go.
RS #2: Wait wait wait. We're not done talking yet.
Ami: Ah..!
Nanami: Let go of our hands.
RS #1: Eh.. what is this? Making us look like a bunch of scary delinquents.
Nanami: Don't touch us!
RS #2: You're getting on my nerves. Who do you think you are?
RS #1: We even went out of our ways to invite you, just shut up and come!
Nanami: Eh! (Monologue) Someone, please help us.. Tomoe..!
-Rustling-
RS #1: Ou-ouch! Who the heck is it? Let go!
RS #2: Hey!
Tomoe: Don't go near Nanami.
Nanami: Tomoe?!
Tomoe: If you get lost right now, I won't do anything else. But if you refuse..
-Tomoe tightens grasp on both-
RS #2: We'll go, just let us off!
RS #1: Bastard! Let's go!
RS #2: You better remember this!

-Nanami sighs in relief-

Ami: Nanami-chan, are you alright?
Nanami: I was scared..
Tomoe: Don't you see? This happened because you were walking around absent-mindedly.
Nanami: Eh?
Tomoe: Be a bit more aware of your surroundings. Think about your own reckless behaviour.
Nanami: What do you mean by reckless!
Tomoe: What are you going to do by confronting those crude people the proper way? The best solution is to shut up and run away in those situations. If not, you'll end up in a dispute because you'll get worked up and go against them.
Nanami: I wasn't confronting them!
Tomoe: That means you didn't think about what you were doing?
Nanami: Urk..gh..
Ami: Ah but Tomoe-kun, thank you. Thanks to you, we're saved. Isn't it, Nanami-chan?
Nanami: ..Uhm.
Ami: By the way, Tomoe-kun, why are you here?
Tomoe: Mgh..!
Ami: I didn't know you came to the hot springs too, Tomoe-Kun. Are you alone?
Tomoe: Eh.. Ah..
Nanami: That's right, didn't I say I will come with Ami-chan?
Tomoe: I.. I also won the grand prize from the Lucky Draw.
Nanami: ..That's a lie, isn't it?

-Tomoe speechless-

Mizuki: Tomoe-kun!
-Mizuki and Kurama hurries over-
Tomoe: Ergh..
Kurama: There you are.
Nanami: Mizuki?!
Ami: Kurama-kun too!
Mizuki: What? Did Tomoe get busted?
Kurama: You're not careful at all.
Nanami: What is this? Why are 3 of you together?
Kurama: Don't group me with them. These 2 came to my room on their own.
Nanami: Eh?! Hang on, Tomoe, Mizuki. Kurama is seeking inspiration right now. He's working. Do you understand?
Mizuki: Then it's no good to be clammed up and stiff, isn't it? We made him relax~
Kurama: Wha-
Mizuki: Actually, we refreshed his mind, didn't we? That's good, that's good.
Kurama: Don't decide on your own! You guys bothered my work, meal and rest! There's zero meaning in coming to the hot springs!
Mizuki: Eh~?!
Kurama: Nanami, take these guys back.
Nanami: Eh?! Take them back..
Kurama: I will be returning to my room and write lyrics, don't get in my way anymore.
Mizuki: Put in more effort at work!
Kurama: I intend to do so even if you don't mention it!
Nanami: Wai- Kurama!
-Kurama walks away-
Nanami: Eh..
Mizuki: We'll be in your care.
Tomoe: Hmph.
Ami: It's alright, Nanami-chan, even if they're with us.
Mizuki: Yay!
Ami: We're not travelling anyway so if we put up together it's all fine.
Nanami: Ami-chan..

No comments:

Post a Comment