Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kamisama Hajimemashita Volume 13 Drama CD Translations

1st Episode: 福引きで温泉旅行 (Hot Springs Vacation from Lucky Draw)

A little bit of a preface before I start translating this episode so that readers will understand the context a bit more. There are usually lucky draws held by the larger supermarkets in Japan where they use a machine and larger-than-average coloured marbles.


This is how the machine usually looks like.

Participants get to turn the handle until a marble comes out of a small hole at the side and verify if it is a loss or win. There are differing colours to signify a win but they are the usual traditional colours which symbolize prosperity (red, yellow, gold etc.) Now that we have a mental image of how Lucky Draws work in Japan, let's start with the episode!

Disclaimer: This is my first attempt in translations so they are not 100% accurate, but I try my best to stay as close to the original meaning and nuances. Dozo yoroshiku onegai shimasu~


-Man advertising for the Lucky Draw outside the shop-

Nanami: Let's see.. Shampoo, conditioner.. and clothespin. That should be all of them. Ring these up for me, please!
Cashier: That would be 1085yen (Around $12USD, RM37).
Nanami: Alright.
Cashier: Here's a Lucky Draw ticket for you.
Nanami: Lucky Draw ticket?
Cashier: We are having a promotion right now. You can have a go at the Lucky Draw in front of Sakae-san, please give it a try if you feel like it.
Nanami: Thank you.

-Bell rings-

Sakae: (To another customer) Too bad, please participate again next time.
Nanami: Eh~ I can win some rice grains for the 2nd prize. We've been running low lately, it would be nice to get some. Mister, I would like to have a go at the Lucky Draw.
Sakae: Sure thing, here you go.
Nanami: Rice grains, rice grains. Please! Rice grains!

-Marbles colliding, one of them drops out and bell rings-

Sakae: Oh~! We have a winner! It's a successful draw, lady!
Nanami: Eh?! No way! Rice grains?!
Sakae: No, no. Grand prize! Tickets for a one-night stay at the Hot Springs!
Nanami: Ho- Hot Springs..? No way, what should I do?! Never thought I would win a stay at the Hot Springs. Soaking in the delightful hot springs, eating delicious food and warm futons! I can't wait~ Who should I go with?

-Birds chirping-

Tomoe: You can't go.
Mizuki: You're going with me, right?
Nanami: Eh?
Tomoe: If an idiot like you goes on a trip leisurely like this, you would surely get yourself into some trouble. Go and return the prize ticket.
Nanami: Eh~?!
Mizuki: It's alright. I will be going with you so if there are any need for troubleshooting, just leave it to me.
Nanami: Eh~~?!?!
Tomoe: What is this? Deciding all by yourself that you will be going, you damn snake.
Mizuki: Speak for yourself, Tomoe-kun. Deciding all by yourself that she is restricted from going.
Tomoe: I am the familiar of this shrine, the best one at that. Even if Nanami goes on a trip, it would be appropriate for me to accompany her.
Mizuki: However you look at it, I think it would be a looot more appropriate for me to go with her. Isn't it, Nanami-chan? <3
Tomoe: A freeloader like you shouldn't even say these things. It should be about time that the only familiar of Mikage Shrine to be me alone.
Mizuki: You dare to speak as Mikage shrine's only familiar. Even though you have been leaving the shrine and fooling around during Mikage-sama's absence.
Tomoe: So what? Is that related?
Mizuki: This is why we can't have a wild fox as a shrine familiar. Compared to that, I have been serving and spending all my life at the Yonomori shrine as a holy familiar. I am different from a frivolous and incompetent familiar such as yourself, Tomoe-kun.
Tomoe: Which part of me is incompetent?!
Mizuki: See, you get angry so easily. You're also not attractive enough, do you really think you fit the requirements of being a shrine familiar?
Tomoe: An indiscriminately, easily influenced person like you who flirts around is much more of a hassle.
Mizuki: I don't even flirt around.
Tomoe: No need to deny it, stupid snake.
Mizuki: Only a stupid person will say another is stupid. Stupid fox-san.
Tomoe: Stu-pid.
Mizuki: Stu-pid, stu-pid.

Nanami: Stop, sto-p! The fight ends here.
Tomoe: I did not fight with him.
Mizuki: I am only speaking the truth.
Nanami: Just stop whatever you're doing. -Sigh- I get it, this trip..
Tomoe: You won't go?!
Mizuki: You're going with me?
Nanami: I will go, and not with any of you.
Tomoe: Wasn't it decided that you can't go by yourself?!
Mizuki: That's right, it's dangerous.
Nanami: I will go with my friends from school.
Tomoe & Mizuki: Eh?
Tomoe: Frends.. which one?
Mizuki: Come on, I am sure this is inconvenient for them. Even if you invite them suddenly.. Isn't it, Tomoe-kun?
Nanami: I'll clearly ask about their schedules.
Mizuki: The shrine has no telephone.
Nanami: If I go to the town, there will be one.
Mizuki: Are you going to cross over the mountains at this time?
Tomoe: The sun is already setting.
Nanami: If I come back with the last bus, it will be alright isn't it? Don't come with me!

-Beep beep beep-

Nanami: Hello, this is Momozono Nanami.. Ah, Ami-chan! This is sudden but would you like to go on a trip to the hot springs? For one night.
Ami: Eh~ Hot springs?! I'll go!
Nanami: Really? I am glad! Also, I am thinking of inviting Kei-chan but.. she's busy? On a lovey-dovey trip? Eh~ How nice. Then it will be both of us. I am looking forward to nice smooth skin after soaking.


==========

 And so the first episode of their hot springs adventure ends here! Here is a link to download the Drama CDs if you haven't already.
http://www.anime-mp3.com/2012/10/kami-sama-hajimemashita-drama-cd.html

I am short on time right now so I won't be saying much about myself, maybe in the next post.

If you enjoyed the series Kamisama Hajimemashita, please support by buying the original products and merchandise!

2 comments:

  1. Do you know where i can listen to the acctual CD? Many thanks~! (Oh nicovideo wont work because it constantly reboots my computer)

    ReplyDelete